The Scent, The Parting And Longing That Lives On


Remember when we first met
Remember when we embraced each other close
That’s when I encountered your scent
The one that I have still not forgotten
I know we both have traveled long for now
Not together but on separate paths
But I remember that scent vividly
That invigorating feeling it evoked
Every night when I’m alone to myself
I wish to join you
I wish to make that scent mine


I remember buying the same soap as you
Thinking the scent was from it
I remember buying the same perfume but
It took me a while to realize it was yours alone
It emanated from you and you alone
I remember hugging you tight at times
Just to get that scent on my body
I remember breathing heavy beside you
Losing myself in the scent I had so badly
Fallen in love with


I remember us parting on good terms
I remember that day so well when we called it off
I remember it
I wanted an embrace, a close one, for one last time
I couldn’t ask
I stood there thinking how to put my feelings into words
I wanted to feel you close
I wished to feel that scent for one last time
If you are reading this let me tell you a thing
My life is a lie without you
There is no day I don’t remember you
No moment when my mind is off you
And yeah, I still love you, I do.


Please share with your friends if you liked above poem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

क्या हम वाक़ई चाहते है कि कोरोना ख़त्म हो?

Why We Should Be Worried Of Google And Facebook’s Plans To Label Fake News For Us

Sachin Tendulkar: the man who FROZED time says TIME magazine!