Do Cats Also Practice Patriarchy?



One not so fine day when I was in the hospital taking care of someone dear to my heart, I happened to meet two cats. Actually, there were four of them if my math is right and those bitches didn’t trick me. Okay. Wait. Before I start, let me pause and ask you something important. What is your opinion about cats? I mean, do you view them as just another creature with four legs that man happened to domesticate (?) or are you one of them who believes otherwise. Let me make a full disclosure here. I am one of those many people residing on this planet who know the unknown that cats are some mysterious beings here for some mysterious purpose (read ulterior motive!).




Humans for ages have been tricked into believing they are taking care of or are using cats as domestic pets. You think I’m kidding, don’t you? Well, I’m fucking serious. Okay. If you don’t believe me, answer this one question. Why do we have those bitches at our home? Dogs guard our houses, those poor creatures have been helping our old hunter-gatherer ancestors with hunting animals and alerting when some wild animals attacked at night. But cats? What have they been doing? All they do is eat, sleep and purr. What’s purr? Oh, it’s that fucking annoying noise they make while pretending to be asleep, sometimes close to our ears. Anyhow, this cat revelation could go on and on. I would save it for another fine day. Today is about something else. It’s about two cats. One male and another female. I have a doubt (actually I’m pretty certain) that cats too have stupid traditions like we humans do.

This one particular not so fine day, at night when the sun was long set and mosquitoes, were out to suck some blood, I was sitting on Hospital floor outside a busy ward to have my dinner. I was only trying to open a lid of dinner box (Hey, It was dinner that was inside the box and not lunch!) and in walked two cats. One female and another male. I couldn’t find rest of them. They both walked and sat quietly under a stretcher some distance away. I was hungry so I opened the boxes and started to stuff whatever that was in to fill my hungry stomach. In walked the female feline. As it approached closer to my plate, I tried to shoo her away but instead of running away it chooses to sit at a short distance and do that familiar meow. Another meow and another, one dearer then previous. It was looking at me with those little shiny eyeballs, waving its tongue out every now and then. My heart was already melting. I took a lid of dinner box out and some food on it. I was hoping for this little cute one to have it but then it turned backward, her eyes at the male cat under stretcher and did a single meow. In walked the male cat. As female sat quietly beside the lid, male savored its supper in delight while female had its eyes pointed at me for no fault of mine. Time passed and with it, the male had emptied all that was present on the lid. Now it went straight to the main door and kept walking from there without even looking back once, forget me, it didn’t even look back at the female cat. And then came the meow, the same familiar one that I had heard, got my heart melted to serve it part of my dinner. But this time I had no more heart to melt for its oh-so-poor expressions. I was angry inside yet slightly sad for it was still hungry and my plate was all empty. Then a question lingered back and forth in my mind,
Do cats too have patriarchal habits and practices among them?
I don’t know the answers. Do you?
P.S. This doesn’t change my opinion about them. I know it in my bones that cats are bitches of highest order. Period.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

क्या हम वाक़ई चाहते है कि कोरोना ख़त्म हो?

Why We Should Be Worried Of Google And Facebook’s Plans To Label Fake News For Us

optimism is the key for traversing from ordinary folk to extraordinary giant!!!