The Day I Stopped Drinking Milk, Sudha Murthy and more...










The Day I Stopped Drinking Milk! How is that name and what would be your reaction when you first see this book on your shelf or bookstore or at Google's play store ( that's where I found it! ) for a price which is no price at all? Hold on! And what if I tell you it's written by an author you admire? Nevertheless to say, you would pick one copy, not to finish completely but to just turn few pages. I was no alien to such behavior either. Although I hindered at first but purchased it after reading few starting sample pages which Google offered. Did I started reading the moment I purchased? Nope. With new office and something a new discipline called work, I had to curtail myself of the luxury that is book reading. 

A week in office without fun nor work, the serious work, I was getting bored but then I knew or perhaps heard from Sardesai, "Don't feel bored. It's a terrible thing to get bored." So after few unsuccessful attempts at different horizons I found solace in Sudha Murthy's book. I never found a need to write about a book that I have read for it happens to be mostly a personal experience plus what is the need to write when people have already wrote reviews of the same? But I believe, this requires a special mention. Why? Not because it contains any great idea or passing of judgment or that fancy tale. It contains none! It's simple a book which contains small stories or I must note, moments that occurred in the life of the author. Small but soulful nuances of life from the pages of Murthy's journey as chairman of Infosys Foundation, as teacher, as student or employee in TATA group where she wore that famous letter to JRD Tata!

I won't spoil your appetite if you wish to read what I have just finished reading by revealing the stories it packs but just want to mention here that book don't have lessons beyond your reach or knowledge which will require trips to himalayas but miniscule lessons which you know but have been ignoring time and again! Few stories like Rehman's Avva(mother), Bad Help will certainly move you while Shraddha and the likes of Mothers Love will make you rethink on things and perceptions which you believe are right. A simple lucid writing style makes it a perfect coffee time ( or all time ) read. 

If you love reading but find hard to manage time between social and professional life, download its digital version and start reading bit by bit at leisure. I guarantee you of a great learning experience of lessons which we will never be able to acquire on our own in a lifespan of ours. To much?? May be yes but then how more could you learn by your own mistakes and how ready are you to commit them? So indulge yourself in knowing why Murthy stopped drinking milk and more though the life lessons of hers... 

Happy Reading! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

क्या हम वाक़ई चाहते है कि कोरोना ख़त्म हो?

Why We Should Be Worried Of Google And Facebook’s Plans To Label Fake News For Us

Shahrukh kisses Katrina at the Screen Awards