4 Parenting Lessons to Learn from Shahrukh Khan


An actor, producer, entrepreneur, a devoted husband and the king of romance who still makes a million hearts beat for him- Shahrukh Khan has certainly donned many hats in his lifetime. But one of his less publicised and most successful roles is of a doting father. So, let us have a look at a few parenting lessons which you can learn from the King of Bollywood.

Make your kids your best friends
Gone are the days when parents were required to be strict disciplinarians. Nowadays, parents prefer to be friends with their children.
Learn from SRK: Shahrukh once said in an interview, “I love my children not because they are my children but because I have garnered a friendship with them. I am realising this… as they are getting older, they are my greatest friends. I think my mental age is between 12 to 14, so it is nice to have two friends that I can ever have.” 
In fact, Suhana gifted her dad a beautiful friendship band on Friendship Day, prompting the actor to tweet, “Feeling friendly now.”
Get inspired: Don’t talk down to your children, talk to them. Become their best buddies. 



Give them them the freedom to choose

Nowadays, inter-faith or inter-caste marriages are pretty common. But the problem arises when a child is born. Which religion should he follow?  
Learn from SRK: Shahrukh Khan has a unique solution for such parents. He says, “I don't teach my children what is Hindu and what is Muslim.” 
A liberal man, Shahrukh keeps idols of Hindu Gods right next to his Quran. He believes that children should know about God and nothing else.
Get inspired: Allow your children to grow up in a secular household and teach them to respect all religions. 

Time over money

Many parents feel guilty about the fact that they don’t spend enough time with their children. So they shower their kids with expensive gifts to make up. 
Learn from SRK: Voted as the super daddy of Bollywood by a leading newspaper, SRK ensures that he makes time for small pleasures of life. He once stepped out on the streets to take Suhana for her first bike ride. It was an emotional moment for him and he tweeted, "One of those days when I go through the emotions. Cycling with Suhana was the highlight.. need to do it more."
He even attends taekwondo tournaments, whenever Suhana and Aryan participate. He gives them pep talks before their bouts and cheers the loudest when they win. He drives to airport to fetch Aryan everytime he comes to visit his parents from London.
Get inspired: Make time to be with your little ones. Presentations will come and go, but your baby’s childhood will never return.

Protect your children

You must give your children a chance to fight their own battles, but there are times when they need your tender loving care too.
Learn from SRK: Shahrukh Khan was widely criticised for misbehaving with the guards in Mumbai's Wankhede stadium, but he still remains unapologetic about it. He maintains, “I took little children for the match and 40 grown-up people came charging aggressively at me. I think my behaviour is absolutely correct. I would still do the same thing if they misbehaved with my kids or kids that I am taking care of.”  
SRK also does not want his children to be in the media glare and it is for this reason, he sent his son Aryan to study abroad, where he will be away from the limelight.
Get inspired: Sometimes it is Ok to intervene in your children’s matters if things are going out of hand.
courtesy: Yahoo Lifestyle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

क्या हम वाक़ई चाहते है कि कोरोना ख़त्म हो?

Why We Should Be Worried Of Google And Facebook’s Plans To Label Fake News For Us

Sachin Tendulkar: the man who FROZED time says TIME magazine!