Gosh!! An account of accidental adventure at the death's mouth and how terribly I escaped out of it...



It was the deathly point where a country road meets National Highway
17, all this high point drama up to death's end unfolded. How I escaped nearly from the teeth’s of deaths fowl mouth is something even
I still couldn't able to digest myself...

After so much days on public transport and being devoid primarily of some worthy exercise, I turned to my bicycle for some muscle loosening only too realize later that the much revered bicycle was not in a condition to realize the speed I was expecting it to dissipate! Disheartened though but not less of any hope, I moved onto a garage to get it done and nearly emptying my pocket returned back home with it. I was literally visualizing myself achieving giant speed with it trudging on National Highway and was about to pull the socks off and speed up; I realized some screws were jammed and needed some care. I turned my bicycle towards the same shop from where was I returning...

I was on wrong lane but shop being minutes away from me, it was literally unnecessary to cross the road amidst speeding vehicles, put yourself on right lane, move a bit and again repeat the steps in reverse order just to reach your destined garage. So, I carried myself on same direction; after all this wasn't anything unfamiliar on Indian turf! But who does knew that minutes away was my quintentional death ready to hug me tight into it's not so warm arms... I was moving deeply dipped in my own anticipatory thoughts on the speedy ride I was about to have. Seconds away from the point I described in the beginning, I had no other thoughts but to get the necessary fixes as soon as possible and move away, move away with speed I was dreaming to have! Just then I saw one truck coming out of that country road partially hid in the uncut bushes. I was on straight highway to which that country road meets but in opposite direction I was supposedly not to ride myself! On same straight road I was riding was one gentleman coming on bike in my direction from farther side of gigantic truck. Imagine three roads meeting. Two parallel on which at one side I'm moving on my bicycle, on the other one is the gentleman on bike riding in my direction. And the third road, perpendicular to both the roads, joining in the middle of us. Setup was such that anybody could speed up himself to get crash with the truck coming from the bushy countryside road!

I had seen the truck and even the biker at other side. Logical physicist in me was calculating everybody's speed and visualizing the events that could possibly unfold out of mimical if's and buts’ of ours! Grasping the possible speed of biker and slowness of trucker I thought, the truck driver would slow down to make way for biker and at this 'slowing down' of his wheels, I would ride myself off the field as any protagonist in a movie does but I was supposed to remember that this wasn't the movie and there wasn't any director to shout 'cut' and truck to stop down at once! In fact, I moved in my own over smartness thinking the stunts I was about to perform in fractions of seconds that were to come in my way. But all plans got flopped when the biker suddenly pulled his brakes making his wheels stop in a abruptly cruel way, I had never thought of. Meanwhile the driver inside of truck dock started his engine, rolled down the wheels and in a quite unexpected way truck started moving on myself as I was clearly in front of it. Back so high, driver was unable to see me from any point whatsoever possible. My leg was almost inside of the front of truck and my mind on the serene hospital bed as there were no chances of mine escaping.
But don't know from where in the world did I brought that unimaginable responding power, quickness and plan of events, I thumped on front lobe of truck to rise myself up of that fowl death-trap; then pushed strongly on bicycle seat with all possible I had possessed at that time and jumped off from that crashing point towards sideways and waved my hands towards truck-driver signaling him to stop so I could save my bicycle too. Incidentally or coincidently, I saved both; me and revered bicycle!

All people who have been spectators of such a dramatic event crowded towards to spot, some circling me and some near the truck driver... Many among them were the ones who knew me well. So thinking it as their duty, they started scolding the pristine truck-driver. I was lost in my own high pitched heart beat not able to explain how the events unfolded out of my small carelessness. Though all ended good as they left the truck-driver to let go off looking no injuries on me; I felt myself deeply hurt out of compassion towards him as he got scolding all because of my childish ga ga over fantasy clad filmy riding!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

क्या हम वाक़ई चाहते है कि कोरोना ख़त्म हो?

Why We Should Be Worried Of Google And Facebook’s Plans To Label Fake News For Us

Shahrukh kisses Katrina at the Screen Awards