Khan Almighty: Shahrukh Conquers Cover of LA Times Calender


He is revered as the ‘King of Bollywood’ back in India, and after two high-profile forays onto the international scene–”My Name is Khan” (2010) and “Ra.One” (2011)–the force known as Shahrukh Khan is unstoppable.

It’s not often that an Indian actor appears on the cover of any American media outlet, save for Freida Pinto, whose “Slumdog Millionaire” would hardly count as a Bollywood production. Hence we did a near double-take when a suited up Khan gazed out of the front page of the “LA Times” calendar section, flashing his wedding ring, no less.

The paper’s Nov. 4 edition has a feature outlining Khan’s success and appeal, dating back to his humble beginnings in New Delhi before catching a break in Mumbai in 1991. Khan told the LA Times: “I was driving down a small lane in India recently, and I remembered that 20 years ago I was driving down the same lane, and I had maybe 10 or 20 dollars in my pocket. I couldn’t believe all that had happened to me. I feel lucky and even guilty to have this much.”

As Khan continues to work on international projects (and is rumored to be collaborating with Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio), cheers to his unmatchable success after a career spanning 20 years and counting. Suffice to say, there is no other Indian actor who can boast of being the global face of the largest film industry in the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

क्या हम वाक़ई चाहते है कि कोरोना ख़त्म हो?

Why We Should Be Worried Of Google And Facebook’s Plans To Label Fake News For Us

optimism is the key for traversing from ordinary folk to extraordinary giant!!!